Conditions Treated with Bioidentical HRT
Mary Ann Simpson at Embody Wellness has used Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy to treat numerous conditions related to hormonal imbalances in her Folsom, California practice. Because hormones control a wide number of functions, imbalances can lead to numerous health conditions that severely reduce the quality of life for women. Typically, imbalances occur during a woman’s forties or fifties, but hormonal changes can occur at anytime during a woman’s lifespan. Mary Ann Simpson has helped thousands of women, in the Sacramento, Roseville, Granite Bay, Rancho Cordova, Davis and Yuba City areas, to regain balance and reduce the conditions associated with hormone decline.
Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy can be used to treat include:
- Starting in a woman’s late 40’s or 50’s, women usually enter into menopause, which officially begins after a woman has not had a menstrual period for twelve consecutive months. Menopause occurs because the body can no longer produce healthy amounts of estrogen and progesterone to fuel reproduction and promote youthfulness, and for this reason, many women suffer from low libido, vaginal dryness, hot flashes, night sweats, insomnia, mood changes, wrinkling skin, and weight gain. However, Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy can help women to replenish these hormones in order to stay healthy and reverse the signs of aging. Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy can help women to regulate body temperature, improve sleep, increase libido, strengthen bones, lose weight, improve mental cognition, balance moods, and increase skin elasticity.
- Hormone decline in women usually begins around the age of 35, and this initial phase of hormone decline is known as perimenopause. During this phase, estrogen and progesterone begin to decline, and women can experience symptoms that include fatigue, depression, acne, weight gain, mental fogginess, low libido, and irregular periods. Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy can help women to slow down the process of hormone decline by replacing deficient hormones. It can help women to regulate their periods, have more energy, improve mental cognition, lose weight, and increase their sex drive.
- Vaginal Dryness
- Many women experience vaginal dryness as a result of hormone decline; however, Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy can replenish deficient sex hormones to improve vaginal lubrication. Bioidentical hormones can improve estrogen and progesterone levels, which work to increase sex drive, ability to climax, and vaginal secretions.
- A common complaint that occurs during a woman’s forties and fifties is alopecia, and this issue often occurs due to hormonal imbalances. In women, hormonal fluctuations can occur in estrogen that can cause hair to thin and fall out. Women going through perimenopause and menopause often encounter alopecia, but balancing levels of estrogen and progesterone can reduce hair loss. Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy can help women to reduce hair loss and potentially grow thicker hair.
- Anxiety and Depression
- Hormones play a role in neurological functions and moods, and low levels of certain hormones can affect neurotransmitters that send messages of peace and calmness throughout the brain. Reduced levels of progesterone can reduce GABA receptors, which help both women and men to have a sense of emotional wellbeing. Fluctuations in testosterone can lead to depression, and low levels of estrogen may also lead to anxiety. Balancing hormones with Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy can reduce anxiety and depression, while helping women to feel less anxious and depressed.
- Many women going through age related hormone decline or that have high levels of stress can experience insomnia. People may experience sleeping issues that consist of issues falling or staying asleep. In women, perimenopause and menopause can cause fluctuations in hormones, such as estrogen that work to set the body’s sleeping cycles. Balancing essential hormones can regulate the body’s internal clock and sleep cycles, which can help women to eradicate insomnia.
- Low Libido
- Low levels of essential sex hormones can lead to low libido in women of any age. In younger people, low libido may occur due to stress. The adrenal glands produce a small amount of sex hormones, and they can get worn down from stress and produce fewer sex hormones, which may reduce libido. In aging women, the body generally produces a smaller amount of sex hormones, which can reduce the energy and desire for sexual activity. Women experiencing perimenopause or menopause may feel that they have a lower sex drive; however, Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy can help women replenish deficient hormones and regain a healthy libido.
Mary Ann Simpson N.P. specializes in using Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy to improve numerous conditions associated with hormonal imbalances and aging. She endeavors to help women regain balance in a safe and natural way, using high quality Bioidentical Hormones. Embody Wellness serves women in the Sacramento, Roseville, Granite Bay, Rancho Cordova, Davis and Yuba City areas.